[The MIM program talks about theoretical and strategic goals. The MIM platform is for specific demands including reforms in the capitalist system.]
MIM has separated itself from the politics of the labor aristocracy and has already criticized all those who speak in the name of Marxism for parasite classes. Now it is necessary to gain as much sympathy as possible for communism without giving into parasitic demands of the enemy classes of imperialism. We draw the attention of the whole world to our platform, because not everything the Maoists will do in power will be so bad for the middle-classes of imperialism. The sooner those middle-classes admit their parasitism, the more successful we will be in implementing our platform.
MIM encourages anyone who wishes to work on this platform, to flesh it out in details. We wish that people show in terms of cause and effect how our platform is good for the people and to write more planks for approval in future congresses. Hence, this platform shall be approved for now but still be considered a work in progress.
Minimum demands (demands we think are possible within capitalism)
The following planks to be enforced through the GATT and other international bodies of imperialism.
1. An international minimum wage.
2. 40 hour work week.
3. International child labor standards.
4. An international welfare system for food, clothing and basic medicines as humyn rights, funded by an endowment paid for by taxes on the imperialist countries.
The following to be enforced by international banking authorities.
1. Elimination of international currency exchange rate fixing by governments.
2. Tying of exchange rates to a standard basket of goods.
Impossible demands of now that are objectively revolutionary (demands we would like to see fulfilled under capitalism but will not)
1. An end to U.$., British, French, German, Japanese, Israeli, Belgian, Swiss etc.--all imperialist
military and economic "aid" and training in the Third World.
2. Removal of all imperialist country troops from the Third World and Eastern Europe.
3. Opening of all borders for immigration and labor
Dictatorship of the proletariat platform planks (what we will do when we seize power)
1. A proletarian United Nations to run the former imperialist countries, a dictatorship of the oppressed nation proletariat over imperialism.
2. Opening of imperialist country borders to immigration and labor.
[This point 3 the only one not passed [email protected]]
3. Abolish the Amerikan prison system and replace it with a system guided by proletarian principles. Those who need confinement and physical restraint to keep from damaging the dictatorship of the proletariat with violence, sabotage or espionage will be imprisoned. This includes those who commit anti-social violent acts against the people.*
Those who act out against the dictatorship of the proletariat without violence will be sent to re-education camp. Community involvement in both deciding who should be sent to re-education camp and re-education itself will realize in practice the Amerikan Constitution's ideal of "a trial by one's peers."
The victorious revolution will quickly set up tribunals to re-evaluate convictions by the Amerikan injustice system. Prisoners who do not represent a violent threat to society will be released.
Platform planks with appeal to both the proletariat and middle-classes of imperialism
1. Primary, secondary and college education free to the whole world.
2. Mandating of production techniques that are the least polluting, putting unemployed to work on replacing existing polluting techniques and assets.
3. Free health insurance for the world.
4. An end to military production and research for profit.
5. Banning of pornography for profit.
6. Comparable worth pay for wimmin and oppressed nationalities.
7. Free day care.
8. Mandatory sex education by age 11.
9. Forced restitution by criminals to their victims and society.
10. Free and expanded public transport.
11. Jobs for all.
12. No limits or restrictions on volunteer political activism that does not put property above survival rights.
* Note, MIM upholds Mao's support for the death penalty under the Dictatorship of the Proletariat: "Whereas those whose crimes do not deserve the death penalty shall be sentenced to life imprisonment or various prison terms or put under public supervision and surveillance, with respect to all counter-revolutionaries deserving capital punishment execution shall be confined to those who owe blood debts, or who have committed other major crimes which evoke public indignation, such as frequent rape or the plundering of large amounts of property, or who have done extremely serious harm to the national interest, while the policy towards the rest shall be one of passing the death sentence, granting a two-year reprieve and subjecting them to forced labour during this period to see how they behave." Selected Works of Mao Tse-tung, Volume 5, p.54.
Contact MIM by writing [email protected]
Return to MIM Homepage