- WARNING: FBI tracks our visitors
- May 12: USW Primers Online
- May 12: Join the Juneteenth Freedom Initiative
- Boycott Juneteenth: End Mass Incarceration and Solitary (6/03/2022)
- End Indefinite Restrictive Housing in TDCJ (5/20/2022)
- Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91 (4/25/2022)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Texas (4/18/2022)
- Build a United Front for Peace in Prisons (2/20/2022)
- Juneteenth – The Last Day of Oppression
- More Evidence of Allred Mail Tampering; Grievances Disappeared
- Right to Access Public Documents in Texas
- FL, TX Censor Revolutionary 12 Steps Program
- Juneteenth Freedom Initiative Flyer
We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Arizonainitiated in September 2011
updated on May 23, 2019
Inspired by the California petition for the proper handling of grievances, comrades in Arizona made a petition specific to their state.
Our ability to fairly have our grievances handled is directly related to preventing arbitrary repression for people who stand up for their rights or attempt to do something positive.
From a comrade in California:
"I have sent MIM(Prisons) a letter of grievance for use by CDCR prisoners. Its purpose is to petition the Director of Corrections to investigate the purposeful failure of the 602 procedure [California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation grievance process] within CSP-LAC. This is something somebody put together for the general population here on C-yard. It is our intention to flood the Director’s office with these petitions in hopes that it will shed some light onto the illegal acts in which these pigs are willing participants. We are being forced to file these petitions due to the unfortunate fact that the vast majority of our 602s are not being filed or properly heard.
“The idea is to distribute this petition to all CDCR facilities and to have as many people sign and mail the petition to the Director’s office as possible. Once all parties receive their responses concerning the petition, all responses along with contradictory paperwork should be sent to MIM(Prisons), the Prison Law Office (which is specific to CA), the Office of Internal Affairs, etc. Our goal is to expose CDCR, its administration, and facilities as tools of repression and the lengths that they will go to to cover their crimes.”
Prisoners are being recruited to lead this campaign where they are being held. Supporters of prisoners can join this campaign by printing out the petition and sending it to their family members, loved ones, and comrades inside. They can also send letters on behalf of prisoners to the addresses listed.
Sending in one petition to the Inspector General won’t get results, but getting multiple people to send out the petition will not only amplify the opposition to the problem, it will also bring those prisoners together around a common goal. Use this campaign to build unity behind bars.
Spread This Campaign!
There is a generic country-wide petition that can be used by anyone in the United $tates. A step up from using the generic country-wide petition is to modify one of the state-specific petitions to work in the jurisdiction where you’re held. Using one of the state-specific petitions as a format, rewrite the quotations and citations included on it. If you do this research and send us what needs to be rewritten for your particular state, we will gladly send an edited, accurate copy to other USW and Legal Clinic folks in your state.
You will need to research who to CC: (carbon copy) the letter to for your particular state. The U.$. Department of Justice and Office of Inspector General are the same for all U.$. prisons, but your state’s ombudsman and internal affairs officers will be different. The Prison Law Office is a non-profit organization that provides legal support to prisoners facing civil rights abuses, but it is particular to California. If you know of an organization in your state that is similar to this, they should be included on your petition.
Updates/Reports from Inside
- Arizona Grievance Battle Sample Letters (May 2019)
- Arizona Grievance Petition Updated (2) (April 2019)
- Medical Care in Arizona's Solitary (July 2017)
- Downloadable Grievance Petition, Arizona (December 2014)
- Grievance Campaign Improving and Growing (July 2012)
- Hatred from ADC and Grievance Campaign Update (May 2012)
- Arizona Grievance Petition Updated (January 2012)
|Click for more||STATE||DATE||TYPE||TITLE||REASON GIVEN||FACILITY||DIRECT LINK|
|[AZ]||08/01/2011||zine/pamphlet||Under Lock & Key 21 (July 2011)||no notification given||Arizona State Prison Complex Central Unit|
|[AZ]||12/09/2010||letter||Draft of socioeconomic survey + asking for sg lead||Under review||Arizona State Prison Complex Central Unit|