- Build a United Front for Peace in Prisons (2/05/2021)
- Provide Phone Access and Video Visits in RHU during COVID-19 (1/16/2021)- VICTORY!
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed! (11/05/2020)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Texas (10/12/2020)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in California (6/06/2020)
- Help Fund MIM (Prisons)! Donate Now!
- Hunger Strike on Pause While Struggle for COVID Justice Continues in SATF Corcoran
- Capitol Seizure Demonstrates Need for New Democracy
- Update from Lawrence Correctional Center
- COVID & Prisons: Observations from Behind the Razor Wire
Provide Phone Access and Video Visits in RHU during COVID-19
updated on January 16, 2021
Team One Movement in Texas released 15 demands in June. On 4 July 2020, 141 prisoners went on hunger strike in support of these demands. The strike ended 23 July 2020 after promises of phones by the administration. As of the first week of September, the administration has failed to act on their promises to address phone and visitation access. Therefore, Team One has called for supporters to petition and call with the following message. The target for the email/phone zap is 14 September 2020.
TDCJ Executive Director, PO Box 99, Huntsville, TX 77342-0099Sample Email Petition:
Chairman of the Texas Board of Criminal Justice, PO Box 13084, Austin, TX 78711-3084
RE: TDCJ Prisoners (RHU) access to OTS phones and alternative measures for visitation
After a mass prisoner hunger strike on July 4th-23rd, Allred prisoners were provided official correspondence from Warden Jimmy Smith, where in it states that OTS phones and video visitation have been requested by TDCJ leadership.
September is now upon us and there has been no update regarding a decision. COVID-19 has been stressful for everyone. It has been an added strain for the prisoners in RHU, where there is limited access to communication with loved ones. There has been no visits since March, and while the rest of the state has been striving to revive a form of normalcy, Texas' prisoners have been forgotten.
Therefore, We the undersigned are concerned citizens, who address this earnest petition to TDCJ and executive director Collier, seek to compel said authorities to take initiative in solving this problem. We're seeking a favorable disposition that will authorize the requested OTS phones in each RHU dayroom and video visitation as an alternative form of visits during the current COVID-19 pandemic.Sincerely, __________________
Updates/Reports from Inside
- Orientating USW Organizing Strategy in Light of Texas Victory (February 2021)
- Hunger Strike in Allred Unit Wins Promise of Phone Contact with Family and Friends (September 2020)
- Team 1 Demands TX Address COVID-19, Segregation, Release, Food and more (June 2020)