- WARNING: FBI tracks our visitors
- May 12: USW Primers Online
- May 12: Join the Juneteenth Freedom Initiative
- May 8: Revolutionary 12 Step Program Launched
- Boycott Juneteenth: End Mass Incarceration and Solitary (5/23/2022)
- End Indefinite Restrictive Housing in TDCJ (5/20/2022)
- Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91 (4/25/2022)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Texas (4/18/2022)
- Build a United Front for Peace in Prisons (2/20/2022)
- Repression of Juneteenth Boycott Organizers has Begun
- JFI: More Join Lawsuit to End RHU Torture in Texas
- An Ongoing Discussion On Organizing Strategy Pt.4
- Suboxone Spreads to More Prison Systems, Little Evidence of Counseling
- ULK 77 Editor Notes
Provide Phone Access and Video Visits in RHU during COVID-19
updated on January 16, 2021
Team One Movement in Texas released 15 demands in June. On 4 July 2020, 141 prisoners went on hunger strike in support of these demands. The strike ended 23 July 2020 after promises of phones by the administration. As of the first week of September, the administration has failed to act on their promises to address phone and visitation access. Therefore, Team One has called for supporters to petition and call with the following message. The target for the email/phone zap is 14 September 2020.
TDCJ Executive Director, PO Box 99, Huntsville, TX 77342-0099
Chairman of the Texas Board of Criminal Justice, PO Box 13084, Austin, TX 78711-3084
Sample Email Petition:
RE: TDCJ Prisoners (RHU) access to OTS phones and alternative measures for visitation
After a mass prisoner hunger strike on July 4th-23rd, Allred prisoners were provided official correspondence from Warden Jimmy Smith, where in it states that OTS phones and video visitation have been requested by TDCJ leadership.
September is now upon us and there has been no update regarding a decision. COVID-19 has been stressful for everyone. It has been an added strain for the prisoners in RHU, where there is limited access to communication with loved ones. There has been no visits since March, and while the rest of the state has been striving to revive a form of normalcy, Texas’ prisoners have been forgotten.
Therefore, We the undersigned are concerned citizens, who address this earnest petition to TDCJ and executive director Collier, seek to compel said authorities to take initiative in solving this problem. We’re seeking a favorable disposition that will authorize the requested OTS phones in each RHU dayroom and video visitation as an alternative form of visits during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Updates/Reports from Inside
- An Ongoing Discussion on Organizing Strategy (May 2021)
- Orientating USW Organizing Strategy in Light of Texas Victory (February 2021)
- Hunger Strike in Allred Unit Wins Promise of Phone Contact with Family and Friends (September 2020)
- Team 1 Demands TX Address COVID-19, Segregation, Release, Food and more (June 2020)