Health Threatened by Conditions At Cobb Detention Center
I am writing with grave concern to the health, safety, treatment and welfare of prisoners at Cobb County Adult Detention Center (CCADC). We have asked for assistance, placed internal grievances and other inquiry to this supplication to no avail. I hope you or someone you know can help us.
- We are given soiled and stained clothes and linen.
- We are often without hot water.
- Only certain inmates get juice at lunch (which is a lack of equal treatment).
- The air quality/ventilation is poor, causing us to cough and sneeze, and we're not sure what's in the air.
- There is black mold in the showers (which is potentially cancerous). In addition to the black mold there is fungus, mildew and bacteria in the shower.
- Our drinking fountain is shut off, and we are forced to get drinking water from the bathroom sink where the toilets are, where people brush their teeth, blow their nose, wash their clothes and bodies. This is disgusting.
- Black particles are in the water which leaves a residue in your cup.
- During transport, we are shackled at the ankles, waist and handcuffed with no seat belts, with some prisoners extradited in kennel trucks for hundreds of miles.
- Life is jeopardized by placing prisoners in wrong population.
- Life is also jeopardized with the judge stating your charges at your first appearance, in front of other prisoners, even after you state you knew your charges to keep them from being stated openly.
- There are no cameras by/in the dorm to record/capture abuse by deputies and/or other inmates.
- It takes 15 to 30 minutes, or more, for medical or other emergency response.
- Wrong medicine is dispensed to prisoners. One had to be recessed and hospitalized.
- We are not given bleach or other germ-killing and/or cleaning supplies to properly disinfect toilets, showers, etc.
There is an appearance of misappropriation of government funds. CCADC vehemently renders a regime of depraved propaganda for a disparaged profligate profit. The leadership's resistance to improve the dismal inflictive behavior by the deputies and at least render humane treatment is utterly despicable. The abuse is ubiquitous and they treat us as if we are detritus. We are innocent till proven guilty, yet our religious rights, due process, equal treatment, and civil rights are oppressed and violated daily. We seek an inquest and thorough probe by an outside source/entity. We seek justice. We want our civil liberties to be adhered to; we want to be treated like are are human. The harassment, the unhealthy, unsanitary, unsafe conditions and abuse must cease and desist.