- WARNING: FBI tracks our visitors
- Mar 22: Second Edition FPL Online
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Texas (5/24/2023)
- Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91 (5/24/2023)
- Commemorate the Plan de San Diego (5/01/2023)
- Boycott Juneteenth: End Mass Incarceration and Solitary (5/01/2023)
- Fight Censorship in Virginia (2/15/2023)
- TDCJ Expands Repression of Their Own Policies
- Aftermath Tears
- Comprador Military Generals Break Out in Conflict in Sudan
- Texas History: Plan de San Diego or Juneteenth?
- ULK 80 Responses on Sex Offenders, Pedophiles, Gunnas and Gangstas
Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91initiated in July 2021
updated on May 24, 2023
December 2021 UPDATE: We previously reported this as a victory. Since then we have received a lot more information on how this rule is being applied differently across TDCJ. Read the latest articles below for the updates. We will post any specific calls to action here as they develop. Phone calls and letters as described below are still applicable based on the practices being reported in recent weeks.
23 August 2021 UPDATE:
"We’re hearing that BP-3.91 has been halted. Supposedly they’re to revise it again to make it more sensical, but it’s not in effect as of this date. However, mail room staff here have been holdin on to all materials, which fall under that policy. They are giving no record of receiving the mail, just holdin it until the policy is amended. So that’s an issue.
PHONE ZAP Starting 1 August 2021
CALL: (512) 475-3250
It has been brought to my attention that on August 1st 2021 amendments to Board Policy 3.91 are to take effect.
I’m calling to inform you that this censorship policy is a direct violation of the First Amendment rights of Texas’ prisoners.
I assert that this new policy amendment should be repealed."
Additional contacts to reach out to about this issue:
P.O. Box 13084
Austin, TX 78711
ph. (512) 475-3250
fax (512) 305-9398
TDCJ Executive Director
PO BOX 99
Huntsville, TX 77342
ph. (936) 437-2101
fax (936) 437-2123
TDCJ Deputy Exec. Director
PO Box 99
Huntsville, TX 77342
ph. (936) 437-6251
fax (936) 437-8925
Set to take effect on 1 August 2021, the newly amended Board Policy(BP) 3.91 will effectively ban ANY/ALL publications, photos, drawings, and images that We could possibly receive. This amendment bans any items showcasing thongs, lingerie, buttocks, sex toys, or bodily fluids, as well as photos that hides someone’s face.
Nearly all publications and photos one gets are subject to this rule. Harmless publications such as US Weekly, OK, National Geographic, Muscle Fitness, etc can/will be denied due to this rule. Accordingly, this denies TDCJ captives their visual stimuli, in the case of isolated captives in RHU/solitary such persyn will have NO visual stimuli at all.
Texas T.E.A.M. O.N.E. calls on all outside supporters to call the TX Board of Criminal Justice to protest this new rule starting August 1st. Calls and letters after August 1st are also encouraged. We will update this page as soon as we hear of any responses from the state on this matter.
Updates/Reports from Inside
- TDCJ Expands Repression of Their Own Policies (May 2023)
- CENSORSHIP: A Guide for TDCJ Prisoners (March 2023)
- Halting OGOM Distribution Until DRC is Challenged (February 2023)
- TDCJ's Repression of it's Political Prisoners Leads to Devastating Effects Among the Wider Prison Population (November 2022)
- Obtaining Copy of Lawsuit on TX Mail Policy BP-03.91 (July 2022)
- Update Regarding the Lawsuit on BP-03.91 Policies (July 2022)
- BP-3.91 Says No Girlfriend Pix, But Sexualization of Trans Prisoners OK (April 2022)
- Suggestions for Challenging BP-03.91 and Beyond (April 2022)
- Update from Plaintiff Against TDCJ's BP-03.91 (March 2022)
- BP-3.91 Revised at Bill Clements Unit (February 2022)
- Criminal Gangs Controlling Mail and Punishing Grievers in TX (February 2022)
- Gov. Abbot Pledges to Eliminate Rapists while Porn is Forced on TX Prisoners (January 2022)
- Lawsuit Against Members of the TBCJ and TDCJ re: Mail Policy (December 2021)
- Allred Deaths and Picture Shake Down in TX (December 2021)
- Regarding the BP 3.91 Revision (November 2021)
- Connally Unit Denying Grievances and Retaliating (November 2021)
- Texas Censorship Rule (BP-3.91) Being Revised (October 2021)
- Campaign to End Solitary Confinement & Repeal B.P. 3.91 (August 2021)
- Campaign to Stop Censorship of Non-nude Publications and Photos in TX (July 2021)