- Free Minister King X! New Afrikan liberator and Peace activist (8/19/2021)- VICTORY!
- Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91 (8/11/2021)
- U.$. Out of Africa! Shut Down AFRICOM! (7/26/2021)
- Build a United Front for Peace in Prisons (6/12/2021)
- Provide Phone Access and Video Visits in RHU during COVID-19 (1/16/2021)- VICTORY!
- Blurred Lines Become Clear After Jan. 6 Investigation
- Justice For Adam? The Aftermath of a Mexican Youth’s Murder
- Fourth of You Lie Fundraiser Update
- Review: Imperialism in the Twenty-First Century by John Smith
- An Ongoing Discussion on Organizing Strategy Pt. 2
Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91initiated in July 2021
updated on August 11, 2021
PHONE ZAP Starting 1 August 2021
CALL: (512) 475-3250
It has been brought to my attention that on August 1st 2021 amendments to Board Policy 3.91 are to take effect.
I’m calling to inform you that this censorship policy is a direct violation of the First Amendment rights of Texas’ prisoners.
I assert that this new policy amendment should be repealed."
Additional contacts to reach out to about this issue:
P.O. Box 13084
Austin, TX 78711
ph. (512) 475-3250
fax (512) 305-9398
TDCJ Executive Director
PO BOX 99
Huntsville, TX 77342
ph. (936) 437-2101
fax (936) 437-2123
TDCJ Deputy Exec. Director
PO Box 99
Huntsville, TX 77342
ph. (936) 437-6251
fax (936) 437-8925
Set to take effect on 1 August 2021, the newly amended Board Policy(BP) 3.91 will effectively ban ANY/ALL publications, photos, drawings, and images that We could possibly receive. This amendment bans any items showcasing thongs, lingerie, buttocks, sex toys, or bodily fluids, as well as photos that hides someone’s face.
Nearly all publications and photos one gets are subject to this rule. Harmless publications such as US Weekly, OK, National Geographic, Muscle Fitness, etc can/will be denied due to this rule. Accordingly, this denies TDCJ captives their visual stimuli, in the case of isolated captives in RHU/solitary such persyn will have NO visual stimuli at all.
Texas T.E.A.M. O.N.E. calls on all outside supporters to call the TX Board of Criminal Justice to protest this new rule starting August 1st. Calls and letters after August 1st are also encouraged. We will update this page as soon as we hear of any responses from the state on this matter.
Updates/Reports from Inside
- Campaign to End Solitary Confinement & Repeal B.P. 3.91 (August 2021)
- Campaign to Stop Censorship of Non-nude Publications and Photos in TX (July 2021)