July 1 Pelican Bay SHU Food Strike to Protest Inhuman Isolation
I'm writing to enlighten you of the new millennium oppression going on in Pelican Bay short-corridor. Since 2006 over 210 prisoners are being housed here unjustly by IGI (the gang task force) AKA "Green Wall" which is known to utilize prisoners who will debrief against other prisoners. Their inhuman treatment towards prisoners who will not lie and become false informers for IGI "Green Wall" helps keep the short-corridor program of oppression functioning.
We have been placed in short-corridor Group D, falsely labeled as gang members and housed here isolated for non-disciplinary actions. We are not allowed Group D privileges; the short-corridor has its own set of rules structured by IGI. They have no oversight and are allowed to be inhuman towards prisoners who don't believe in their devilish propaganda! We understand we are in prison, we are serving our time disciplinary-free, all we are asking for is fairness. Below are just a few of many reasons why on July 1 2011 the short-corridor and SHU will go on a food strike to protest our inhuman isolation.
- If we must be placed in this short-corridor let it be for disciplinary actions we have done.
- IGI must stop the abuse of their power to manipulate/intimidate prisoners to falsely accuse other prisoners of being so-called gang members to justify their inhuman objective.
- We must be allowed to receive all of Group D privileges, especially us in the short-corridor who have not done anything to warrant inhuman isolation.
- We must be allowed to at least send our family members a picture. It's been over 18 years since I have sent my family a picture, and other prisoners go even longer!
- We must be able to talk to family on the phone. It is important that we have family support and help on personal rehabilitation.
I would like to ask if you can help us spread the word and on July 1 2011 have a candlelight vigil in support of us and to show solidarity in our struggle, or any other such act that may be able to help bring attention to our conditions.
Shut Down the Control Units
California Strike Against Torture in Prisons - 8 July 2013
This article referenced in: