On Being a Revolutionary
Being a revolutionary means having a political commitment and taking responsibility for that commitment. It means that we should be always working to realize our political aims, goals and objectives.
Even when a revolutionary comrade has not developed a high degree/level of revolutionary knowledge/science, his/her actions should reflect someone who is striving to implement a policy of self-respect, self-determination and self-defense. Your knowledge will grow and develop as you put theory into action. What is correct and incorrect will be revealed - through study and practice.
Here some things we should bear in mind:
- Nobody was born a revolutionary. Revolutionaries are made.
- Correct ideas grow and develop in unity and struggle with incorrect ones.
- A revolutionary should be taken seriously by those they come in contact with.
- A revolutionary should be patient and understanding with those who are new to revolutionary ideas, literature, struggle, etc.
- A revolutionary should study revolutionary materials on a daily basis.
- A revolutionary should do revolutionary work first and play games later.
- A revolutionary puts the revolutionary movement as her/his priority over other things.
- A revolutionary should do whatever they can to prolong their life of revolutionary struggle.
- A revolutionary engages in principled debate on any issue, using science over idealism and emotions.
- A revolutionary is not one who floods cells, burns mattresses or talks shit to pigs, these are reactionary actions.
Revolutionary activity is potential "illegal" activity. Let's get serious about building a movement to seize state power... or find something else to do...