Hunger Strike in Albion RHU over Basic Humyn Needs
For every male prisoner locked up in the state of Pennsylvania, I pose some questions:
- Do a prison have the right to deprive you of food?
- Do a prison have the right to deprive you of a shower?
- Do a prison have the right to deprive you yard?
- To determine when you can see your children and how long you can hold your children?
- Every prison in the state of Pennsylvania allow gay prisoners inside of each prison to hold hands/hold each other, have make-out sessions and have intercourse. The Department of Corrections in the state of Pennsylvania even sell bras/panties, makeup, provide hormone injections and sex changes.
- Why can’t we hug/hold/kiss our girlfriends and wives for more than three minutes on a visit?
- Why don’t we fight for conjugal visits?
- Do the prisons have the right to talk however they want?
Brothers, they don’t respect us nor treat us like human beings because under the 13th Amendment, we are slaves. Under Dred Scot v. Sanford, no black man has “rights that a white man is bound to respect” and blacks shall never have rights under the Constitution. Under Plessy v. Ferguson, we are cattle.
That is why correctional officers in the state of Pennsylvania do all these things to us and why police officers in society can kill us with little to no consequences.
Brothers, the female prisons in the state of Pennsylvania still have everything and much more, that we allowed the D.O.C. to take from us, men. Two female prisons fought to be treated like human beings and won through pain and sacrifice.
This goes beyond our personal dislikes, gang colors, religious perspectives and individual wants. Ask yourself, if two female prisons can accomplish it, why can’t 3 or more male prisons do the same?
We at SCI-Albion believe we have the power to accomplish it, so on 1 November 2020 we are hunger striking. We are not helping the D.O.C. get rich off of this oppression so we are not spending money on commissary/cable/bake sales. WE will be doing more but can’t go into that here.
We are a group comprised of Muslims from America and the Middle East, Christians, a Pastor, G.D., Loc’s, Damus, Kings, Netas, neutrals old and young. Blacks, Latinos and whites.