- Shut Down the Control Units (1/30/2020)
- Build a United Front for Peace in Prisons (1/29/2020)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Texas (1/27/2020)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Nevada (1/25/2020)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed! (9/25/2019)
- End All Sanctions Until the Pandemic is Over!
- Venezuela Becomes First Target of Crisis-Driven Militarism
- Debt Forgiveness to Third World to Combat Covid-19
- How Do We Protect Prisoners' Names and Info?
- Feds Threatening First Ammendment with New Policies
Fight the Deadly Heat in Texas Prisonsinitiated in August 2014
updated on July 31, 2016
Fourteen prisoners have died and conditions inside Texas prisons in the summer violate the Eighth's Amendment prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment.
We are calling on Texas prisoners to document the deliberate indifference that is the response of prison staff to these dangerous conditions. And people on the streets should file Ombudsman complaints via email.
Updates/Reports from Inside
- Grievances and Excessive Heat (July 2016)
- Texas Heat Continues to Kill (October 2014)
- Fighting Deadly Texas Heat Through the Legal System (August 2014)
- Inadequate Water in Texas Oven (August 2014)
- Texas Prisoner Dies After Pleas for Help are Ignored (August 2014)
- Texas Prisons Kill People with Heat (August 2014)
|Click for more||STATE||DATE||TYPE||TITLE||REASON GIVEN||FACILITY||DIRECT LINK|
|[TX]||04/01/2015||letter||TX Campaign Pack||unknown - no notification given||Ellis Unit|