- Shut Down the Control Units (9/20/2023)
- Build a United Front for Peace in Prisons (7/30/2023)
- Boycott Juneteenth: End Mass Incarceration and Solitary (7/01/2023)
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in Texas (5/24/2023)
- Stop Censorship of Non-Nude Publications and Photos - Repeal BP-3.91 (5/24/2023)
- ULK 83: Prison Is War
- "Where Your Loyalty Lies", The Enemy Within
- Aztlán Stands with Palestinian People
- Ruchell Magee
- If These Wallz Could Talk
To help people support U.S. prisoners in their daily struggles our website provides mailing addresses for prisoner mail, mail rules by state and facility, histories of censorship problems at each facility, information on which prisons have Control Units, prison population data and prisoner-led campaigns to improve conditions on the inside. (click state in list below)
District of Columbia
California PrisonsCalifornia Prison Population: 206,950
Prisoner Rights Campaigns in California:
- Agreement to End Hostilities
- MIM Banned in CA!
- We Demand Our Grievances are Addressed in California
- California Strike Against Torture in Prisons - 8 July 2013
- Stop Sleep Deprivation Torture in California Lockdowns
- Free Minister King X! New Afrikan liberator and Peace activist
http://www.vinelink.com(county jails only)
California Prison Mail Rules:
- Ban on "receipt, possession, or distribution of literature/publications from the MIM to or by inmates"
- 15 CCR ? 3190(i)(2) "Legal Material, including legal reference material, books, and legal pads not available in the institution canteen, pursuant to section 3161. There shall be no "Approved Vendor Lists" for any legal publications. Inmates may receive legal publications from any publisher, book store or book distributor that does mail order business."
- 15 CCR ? 3190(i)(7) "All publications, including books and subscriptions to periodicals, subject to section 3006. There shall be no "Approved Vendor Lists" for any publications. Inmates may receive publications from any publisher, book store or book distributor that does mail order business."
- Operations Manual Article 41 - Inmate Mail
- more info on mail rules
California Facility Listing
|Facility||Mailing Addresses||Facility Rules||Records of Censorship||Prisoner Reports||Control Units|